More info about Kim's programs:
* Keynotes, Workshops & Demos
* Client List & Testimonials
* FAQs about Kim
* Books & Music CDs
Check out these unique gift books dads can give to their daughters and sons on a special occasion.
3665 Woody Lane
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Subscribe to my free,
"Finding Your Flow"
occassional Blog --
E-mail me and write
"subscribe" in the
subject line; you can
"un-subscribe" any time.
July is National
"Make a Difference to Children" Month
I've been proud to sponsor this annual initiative since 2006;
Click here for info.
All Rights Reserved
by Kim Ratz.
For leaders and meeting planners
who need an engaging presenter to
enlighten & motivate your team at
your next conference or in-service.
The transition to retirement has begun ...
Slowly yet surely, I'm "finding my new flow" as I transition from 50 years of working full-time to make a living and being of service to others, to still working some and wandering and wondering much more! Knowing I still have some presentations scheduled for the back-to-school and fall conference season makes it easier to relax and not do the marketing and updating of contact people that used to be so time-consuming, and use that time to actually DO the things I've wanted to do and have thought about for some time. So, "semi-retired" is a good term for me right now ...
Because I still really enjoy what I do, and the feedback and comments after a program continue to reinforce that my message is still appreciated by and helpful to many people, I've decided on this revised business model for 2023:
- Since so much of my work has been repeat and referral business from satisfied customers, I'm stopping most marketing activities. This will free up a LOT of time for me to pursue my other retirement goals and interests, and the marketing I still want to do will be much more manageable.
- While I will no longer be sending the quarterly e-newz "Live&Work-Wise," I will continue to send an occassional blog to people who subscribe (E-mail me and write "subscribe" in the subject line; you can unsubscribe any time). The title of my free, occassional blog is: "Finding Your Flow ..." I chose this title because that is certainly what I'm doing now as I make the transition from FT work to FT retirement. I know everyone else is also trying to find your own flow with your work and life roles and goals, especially when navigating turbulent and troubling waters, so I'll continue to share my blog with those who are interested and subscribe; it's one way I can still help to inspire hope, improve skills to cope and induce a smile.
- I still hope to be invited to present at least a few more "back-to-school" workshops, and I will continue to give my clients and audiences my best; see my promise below. Ironically, I still feel like I've been getting better with time and experience, and this happens just as I'm about to retire; go figure.
- I also do this because I still feel called to be part of the team effort to help kids and people who work with kids get through these challenging times. Educators and other helping professionals who work with youth have never seen such high levels of anxiety, depression, special needs, misbehavior, and aggression in young people. We're also experiencing a national shortage of teachers, as well as in so many other professions. We've never needed you more, so it would be a privilege to be of support and service to you and your team if you think I can help.
And as long as I'm accepting invitations to share my message, I continue my resolve to share some serious skills to help you succeed even more in your important life roles and goals, while also including stories and original songs to keep it fun and engaging. Each presentation is customized to ensure you and your team find ways to improve your:
- Attitudes, Aptitudes & Actions in your job,
- Ability to positively influence others,
- Ability to deal with change and transitions,
- Teamwork, Customer Service, & Leadership,
And yes, these programs are all available as virtual presentations in case you are unable to gather people together in-person.
Here's my promise to every customer since I started in 1994:
You must be at least satisfied with my services or you don't pay my fee, only travel expenses.
I'm proud to be able to state that since 1994,100% of my 560+ customers have paid me, and it's my plan to sustain that record until my final presentation.
And for added clarity during this "pandemic pause" - - - If you book one of my presentations for your team and you later need to cancel your event for a legitimate reason, I don't require a deposit or prepayment and I don't charge a cancellation fee so there is no cost to you. This is part of my "customer satisfaction promise."
We have been privileged to have Kim provide two workshops (virtually) for our staff and look forward to many more! Kim can provide a thought-provoking positive workshop addressing difficult topics in a positive and professional manner. Our first workshop was held when staff returned to onsite work after working remotely for several months. He provided positive steps, and thought provoking discussions which resulted in a positive outlook when returning to the site. Staff feedback was that they would have liked to have him in person, and they could have listened to him all day! Staff took the activities and incorporated them into their daily routines. In his second workshop, "Playing Nice in the Sandbox," he gave us all the opportunity to look at our communication style, our strengths, and areas we could work on. This new skill gave us the opportunity to interact with our peers, parents, family members and understand what they need when communicating and how to manage our own morale. When you book a workshop with Kim, you book not just a presentation, but a self-improvement experience which makes you want to be a better person! Enjoy your time with Kim; we certainly do. - Meg Saunders, Vice President of Children's Services, OCEAN Inc., Toms River, NJ
Kim Ratz is absolutely fantastic to work with! We invited him to be our Keynote speaker and conduct a few breakouts during our Annual Conference and our attendees are STILL talking about him. Kim used his creativity and even wrote an original song to fit the theme of our conference and performed it during his opening Keynote session. Attendees were even singing along, that's how engaging Kim was! The School Nutrition Association of Wisconsin highly recommends Kim Ratz as a speaker for your next event! - Jessica Trippler, Association Director, School Nutrition Association of Wisconsin
Mr. Ratz's presentation was engaging, humorous and real to life. It was like talking to a friend with something important to say. He provided great tips on dealing with parents, students and co-workers. I would recommend Mr. Ratz as a presenter to anyone who works in school district transportation and with both the public and co-workers. - Keith Chrans, President, Wyoming Pupil Transportation Association
What a wonderful workshop and presenter! Kim has the ability to connect and motivate people with his own life stories. He is genuine with his words, message, and praise to staff regarding the hard work they do each day. Kim does his research and understands his audience. He relates to the OST (Out of School time) staff and understands the many relationships that are part of each day. He gives insight, motivation and confirmation regarding the staff connections with youth, families, school personnel and the community. At the end of the program, attendees were laughing, happy and inspired to continue to grow and be the best they can be. Kim's unique connection with people makes him a wonderful trainer for building and connecting a team. - Theresa Wynn, Program Supervisor, Hopkins ISD 270 Kids & Company/OST
Kim Ratz, Speaker-Trainer-Troubadour-Author
Successfully sharing stories, songs and skills since 1994.